21 June 2010

Welcome, ICLW!

It's been a few months since I did an ICLW, but I thought I should get out there again and find some new blogs to follow.

A little intro: I'm 26 (27 next month!) and have been married to TH since late 2007. He's Romanian, I'm from the midwest, and we live in our awesome apt in NYC. We bought last year, and I LOVE having our own home.

Our TTC journey is to your right, but in a nutshell, I have endo and it took us two years, 3 chemicals, 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs to get pregnant. And, as it stands, I'm 11 weeks today. We were released from the RE at 9 weeks, and our first OB appt is on Thursday. We're currently debating a doula, but TH is not completely convinced (that's a later post). I've been feeling the pretty crappy 1st tri symptoms, but this weekend took it to a new level. I'm hoping that the first tri just wants to go out with a bang. ;)

I'm referring to the baby as "he" because in Romanian, "baby" is a male noun. I just like that better than calling the baby an "it" all the time. :) I also think the baby is a boy, so it feels just fine rolling off my tongue.

I've recently been grappling with being a pregnant infertile. This seems to be getting easier with time, but sometimes it just jumps up and shocks me. I'm trying to work through it as quickly as I can so that I can enjoy being pregnant as much as I can. I keep hearing a little whisper that I may never have these days again, so I'm bound and determined to be present for them.

So, that's the abbreviated version of the blog. Nice to "see" you, and hopefully you'll stay and play! :D

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 11 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by for ICLW week and delighted to read your success story! Keeping everything crossed for thursday and I'll be checking on you again! Love, Fran

    ICLW #130

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from ICLW! I am so excited that you guys have a success story from IVF!! YAY! *hugs* to you and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ICLW#173

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Sorry the first tri has been a little rough, I hope it gets easier. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that last part of "I keep hearing a little whisper that I may never have these days again" isn't correct! May this little one have a brother or sister some day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh pregnancy after IF/loss is a totally different concept than it is for others. Congrats on making it to 11 weeks, that is wonderful news. I hope it is smooth sailing for you from here on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to "meet" you K! And to find you in such a great state of mind, congratulations on your pregnancy!!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I am stopping by your blog for the first time for ICLW. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

    ICLW #14

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your pregnancy, I hope you enjoy it! Can't wait to check back on your updates of your lil bundle.

    Ashlee, ICLW #180

    ReplyDelete