It's almost time, and I can't believe it. Some days it feels like we're so close, and others feel like it's still an eternity away, even with less than a month left. I know with the holidays coming, two of the weeks will fly right on by, which is exciting and painfully slow to get to, all at the same time.
The doctor stopped me from working on Monday because of swelling and primarily to stop my public transport commute and keep me resting at home. I'm not confined to bed by any means, and with just limited activities around the apartment, my swelling and mood is much, much better. Hiking it to work was taking more out of me than I realized. My workload has also been very slow over the past few months, so it felt like such a waste of time to spend my days there when there was so much to do at home. I've made a 3 page list (yes, I'm serious) of ideas of things to do to keep me busy over this wait for Babel in the event I get lazy and start to get bored. There's so much that has been put on the back burner over the past two years between treatments and school that I'm excited about finally having the time to do. Things that were never really all that important now have all the time in the world; it's a nice example of how our life has changed these past few months with Babel's presence.
I'm officially done with classes, and by 5pm tonight, I will have my last exam in my hands. It's a take home exam, and while I'm not really prepared for it (I haven't done much other than attend classes and listen), I have an entire week to complete it. My hope is to get it done by the weekend. With all this time at home, I have no excuse not to! I should also hear about whether or not my thesis was approved today. After that, TH will take it to be bound, and then I will really and truly be done (we'll have to time this with me turning in my final)! I suspect that I won't get an on-time response regarding the thesis, but at least the date is here and it could come at any time. Sounds a little like Babel, no? :)
Can you believe it? Everything is coming to an end all at once. It's a little hard to wrap my head around. There are people who would say God has a plan and that the timing was part of it, but I am not one of those people. Usually, I would be, but with the infertility battle, I don't think it's so easy to say that it was just an issue of timing. That's too much pain to place on a little factor like "not the right time", don't you think? I do.
So, that's where we are, tying up loose ends, finishing Babel's room, completing a gazillion photo projects I haven't had the time for, getting ready for the holidays, and finding some time to clear my head and wait for Babel to decide he's ready to join us.
Can you imagine? He's really just on the cusp of joining us. This is all finally coming to an end...for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh Kim! I'm so happy for you and I cannot wait to read Babel's birth story! How wonderful and amazing ;) You're going to be a mom - soon!
ReplyDeleteHow very exciting!
ReplyDeleteOooohh..this is a fabulous time...the air is thick with expectation and excitement!
ReplyDeleteHave fun during this respite from the mundane things...the time to meet Babel is close at hand!
Take Care!
It is great that your doctor put you on leave already. Be sure to take some time to get in some delicious naps too.
ReplyDeleteIt is so cool that your life is totally going to change in the ways that it is, with school being done and finally becoming a mother. Moving past one big thing and onto the next. :D
I second Chelle on the naps. Those should be approximately every other item on your list. Being lazy in your last month of pregnancy should be a requirement, not something to be avoided! Soon enough you're going to look back and wish you had done more relaxing. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on getting everything finished up with school.