Yes, I'm lame like that.
We went in for monitoring yesterday, and I had one follicle that was 18mm and a few others that were close. The doc mentioned that we would either trigger that night (Sunday) or possibly go one more night with the Folli-stim with a trigger on Monday. This caused a bit of a breakdown. :( I didn't want to have only one follicle after all these shots! A few good emails, some tears, and TH's firm hold finally calmed me down, in time for me to get the call that we were doing one more night of Folli-stim and monitoring this (Mon) morning.
At the appointment this morning, we were told there are 3, maybe 4 follicles! WHEE!!! We trigger tonight, and we are scheduled for the IUI on Wed. TH does his thang at 8am, and the IUI is at 9.30! I'm *cough, cough* going to be sick that day to alleviate running from IUI to work to class. Ease the stress!
So, to recap, we did 8 days of meds, and IUI will be on CD13. For a girl who usually doesn't O until CD19-22, this is a dream! It's going by so quickly! Apparently we'll get a call on Oct 14th, and I go in for bloodwork if my period hasn't shown yet.
I'll save the topic of testing for another post. TH is not for it. I'm harder to convince. I just have to dig up how long HCG stays in your system...I'm pretty sure it's 9-10 days...*twiddles thumbs*
28 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yahoo!!!! How exciting!!! I'm so happy you get to "Pull the trigger!" This is so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read how it went on when you get back!! Please fill us on asap!!! Good Luck and sending you lots of happy thoughts and wishes!
Freakin' fantastic! This is so so smooth so far!
ReplyDeleteExcellent! Also thanks for the recap for me, who's wondering how next cycle might go!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteWoot Woot!
ReplyDeleteAll the very wonderfully sticky best wishes for Wednesday!!!
And yes you better not be running to Work and Class that day!
Aahoo! Aahoo!
Best wishes with the IUI! It sounds lie the odds are on your side. *Fingers crossed*
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome news!!!! I'm very happy for you. Hopefully you won't need any wine for a long while. Oh, a nurse mentioned to me that having a small glass of wine relaxes the uterus. Who knows!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for both of us.