-I've started feeling flutters, which make me happy, happy, happy. I felt them three separate times last week. I can't wait for more!
-My appetite returned this weekend, and it was very much welcomed. I actually had some vegetarian Indian yesterday. I can't tell you the last time I had some spinach.
-I've applied for two jobs in the past week. One is higher position in a different department. It's no longer working with patients and more like managing a decent sized clinical trial. For the right salary, I'd take it, but we'll have to see. I was recommended by someone with a great reputation/impact within the university, and the job has been open for over a month. I think I have a pretty good shot at it, but I'm not sure it's the right fit.
-The reason I'm not set on the above job is that I applied for a part-time position in peds. It's two steps up, so the part-time pay might not be all that far off from my current regular pay. If I could get them to pay for this last semester of school, I'd definitely take it. We've been debating whether or not it's worth it financially for me to stay home after the baby comes. I'd have to go back to work for a few months after, but that's about all we're sure about. I'd be completely willing to start up with the part-time work now, as I've been kind of panicked about writing my thesis, taking the last two classes, getting everything ready for baby, and having some time to relax a little before the baby arrives. When I look back on the past year, it's been insane with school and the treatments. I know I have to finish school (even if I'm dragging some major ass right now about it), but I just want some breathing room. I'm also hating my job and the fact that any paths in front of me have closed. My job was never meant to be a longterm gig, and when the degree is done in December, it will have served it's purpose. So, it will be interesting to see how everything plays out. Now is not an ideal time to be job searching, but these positions have kind of just fallen into my lap.
-Everyone is finding out about baby this week. I told work at our weekly meeting today. A fair amount of the women knew because of getting coverage for treatments, so it wasn't too many people to inform. I was super nervous to tell everyone...how do you say it?! So, I just did and thanked them for all the last minute coverage they had to provide for all my appointments. So, I'm also out of the infertility closet.
-The fam is coming this weekend. They may or may not be staying with us because of The Middle Child's allergies. I'm thrilled to see them, but I'm also wondering if I will be a little overwhelmed as well. We have not been keeping up with the apt as much as we normally do, so there will be a cleaning frenzy this weekend. I get tired super easily, and TH has had bigger tasks than cleaning to take on these past few weekends. The good news is that we're making progress on some outstanding projects. The bad news is the equivalent of the state of our "white" tub.
-The cat is coming out of the bag about Baby this week. ♥♥♥ It's such a relief to be able to share the excitement, and it gets me excited all over again each time. As if I needed help.
-I'm collecting the guesses on whether Baby is a boy or a girl, and EVERYone thinks we're having a girl. Only TH and I think boy. Well, Erika has joined us, as she's trusting my instincts. Every time to imagine us with a girl, boy stuff just pops up instead. I can't "see" the girl in my mind, but boy things come easily and aplenty. It goes without saying that we're happy either way, though I sat through a LOVELY conversation in which I walked away after some annoying old man tried to lecture me about this. Save the lecture, my friend. It's not one you need to give us. But anyway, I'm having a super time hearing everyone's guesses and their reasons for it. I had to bare the belly at a BBQ Sat night (during said annoying lecture, actually) for an aunt to give her opinion. Play the game, folks! But if you ever express disappointment, tread lightly!
-NT scan on Friday. Our next OB appt is two weeks after that, so we're doing great with getting me to only have to wait a few weeks between u/s. For that, I am thankful.
And, I'll leave you with the internet unveiling of my uterus, happily filled.



((filled uterus))
ReplyDeletePlease please please be careful with the cleaning frenzy. Your family would much prefer a dirty tub over any stress on your body.
Love you ♥
I agree with Kim. Baby also prefers the tub stay dirty :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a beautiful shot of baby and I can't wait to see the shots from the NT scan!
I didn't know about the jobs. Best of luck in getting the one that you feel is more of a fit. When will you find out?
XOXO
WTH am I talking about! I agree with BETH!
ReplyDeleteHaha, got the baby brain like me yet? It's REALLY bad!!!
Wow - a ton of stuff! Congrats on coming out of the closet - very exciting!
ReplyDeleteBoy stuff came easily to me too and I'm still having trouble seeing a girl, but that's what they tell me we're having. (I still moon over the boy clothes a bit though, shhhh)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the job stuff and have fun with your family; you and the filled uterus are looking great!
All such great stuff! I LOVE the belly pic!! You look awesome! And the ultrasound is adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteI KNEW it was a boy with Wyatt, and obviously I was right. I think it's an instinct thing.
I've been feeling flutters, too! Congrats on 12 weeks! XOXO
If it makes you feel any better, I am the worlds biggest neat freak and my home wasn't clean for the last 7 months. Seriously! I didn't do a damn thing ... it just got dirtier and dirtier until I was forced to clean for my shower since it was being held here.
ReplyDeleteSo don't feel badly about the not-cleaning :) People will understand - you are with child!
I remember when I felt my first flutter - I was 12w3d and I was travelling on business in Tampa. I remember it like it was yesterday - and it was the most perfect feeling ever :)
You look beautiful.
I love your belly pic! You look adorable! And your little man looks great too (I too am going to run with mother's insticts - that said, I swore these two monkeys in me were both boys and they are most definitely both girls - so my guessing abilities stink I think!).
ReplyDeleteAs for the jobs - I work in research - it was never what I intended to work in either, but each job has fallen into my lap (literally) as well. I currently manage a large government funded RA research study - I manage 25 research sites in the US. If you have any questions about what managing a larger study may entail, I am happy to try and give you some insight=). Not that I know all because I definitely don't, but I've been in research now since 2003, so I feel like I've been around the block a bit!
And woo hoo for the first flutter!! It's SO cool!!
Congrats on making it to this momentous milestone. Hoping all goes well with the family this weekend.
ReplyDeleteToo cute doll! You have such great things coming to you. I love it!
ReplyDeleteWow...you look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI also imagine how relieved I will be when I will generally be able to reveal that I am pregnant. Right now, those who know are only on a need-to-know basis.
Don't stress too much. Frankly, I hope you get the job you really want...I guess you would need some time-off with the baby...so whichever job affords you the time-off can be it.
Good Luck!
P.S. What did you have? Palak Paneer?
Here via ICLW (albeit a bit late)!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your pregnancy; you look great! Go with your gut...it could always be wrong, but that's the fun part of this. I was the only one who thought I was having a girl, and we did...I think they were all just hoping for a boy :-)
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
12 weeks already? Wow, I can't believe it. It is going fast. Look at your cute little baby belly! I also love the scan. It is so much fun to look at ultrasound pictures. It ALWAYS makes me smile to see them on blogs. I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great when the appetite returns? Get ready to feel like you're entering an eating contest. lol
As for boy or girl, I would have to know your cravings. If you crave sweets, fruit, or sour things, I say girl. If you crave meats and cheese, boy. I think I already voted girl on here at one point though because it seems you were craving fruit and sour things, but maybe that was a different blog friend. Either way, my vote goes based on your cravings. :)
love the belly bump!! yay for 12 weeks :)
ReplyDelete