Bedtime soon, so let's cut to the chase:
1. My appetite! Oh, it has been so long since I have seen and felt you. So glad you made an appearance on the day that held fresh, grilled mititei. Nom.
2. Throwing up sans nausea. Kind of cool and WAY better than constant nausea. TH also inherited the one remaining knish.
3. Three hour naps. Need I say more?
4. Tomorrow is my last class for this summer session! The final is on Wednesday, and I am so ready for a break, even if it's only a week.
5. Sleepy kitties. Jones accosted me for some loving about 15 minutes ago and then promptly crashed on the couch. She's to my right, passed out with her legs all out in front of her, and Smith is on my left, curled up in a ball on his favorite pillow. Love.
6. Telling teenage boys they are going to be uncles. Super cute. Roberto, 16, gives about the same amount of emotion and dialogue as a stone statue these days, but the huge smile was apparent through his voice. (He's the one famous for the comment about not wanting me to have babies yet b/c he was unemployed and thus would only be able to buy the baby socks.) The Middle Child, 13, has already determined that the baby is a girl, as per some movie he watched, which he will show me upon their arrival later this week, because more girls are born in January. I have no idea how he pulled that out of his ass, but I suspect he'll show/tell me next weekend, as promised. The Middle Child is also The Talker. Mom apparently asked each of them what I told them after they were done talking to me: Roberto said I was buying him a new car, and The Middle Child told her I was taking him to a Yankee game. Goobers.
7. The fam is visiting for the holiday weekend, and The Belle, 12, is more than likely staying with us. The Middle Child has wicked cat allergies, so I think everyone else will stay at the nearby hotel. I can't wait for sister time. We're both craving it.
So, what's going to carry you into a hot and sweaty Monday morning? What was great about your week(end)?
27 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I had a full on attack of The Nesting Sunday - both linen closets and both freezers got ransacked and reorganized. Time will tell if my attempt to be logical with pregnancy brain will stand up to usage, but for one shining moment everything was in its place.
ReplyDeleteMy dear Hun is from cluj and for him Mitite is what makes a Sunday wonderful too. It's nice to read a blog where the non European wife eats Mitite too.
ReplyDelete