23 September 2009

:/

So, the office just called, and I'm going up to 150IU b/c my estradiol isn't what they want it to be. (I think she said it was 83 or 86, and we're at 3 days of shots.) I'm just a little confused (worried?) because during the u/s he pretty sure we were decreasing my dose.

Now I'm nervous. :(

6 comments:

  1. I really think figuring out the med doses for IVF is almost more of an art form than a science. Try not to stress too much.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read up your previous three posts...I am glad that the switched medicines are lesser p.i.a. than the Gonal-F.

    Just because the dosage is being adjusted should not make you nervous....they are just getting you there...think about it....Good Luck for the cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog via ICLW. I too have endo and had a septum resection, so I know right where you're coming from. I hope that this current cycle results in a happy, healthy baby in 9+ months. :) Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,my boys were IVF. Meds adjustments is so confusing.

    I wish you what you want most in life.

    I had a septum too ... initially they thought a bicornuate uterus.

    I am visiting from ICLW...No. 125 to say hello and to check out your blog.
    My Little Drummer Boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that they're keeping a close eye on what's going on and adjusting the dose accordingly. Shouldn't be anything to worry about :-)

    Best of luck and happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there. In answer to your question, the doctor who performed my resection told me that I was automatic c-section because it was hard for him to gauge how much of the septum he resected during the surgery. He said they shine a light on the outside of the uters and resect until the amount of light shining through the area looks the same as the surrounging areas, so there was the potential that he resected too much, which could result in a uterine rupture with internal bleeding if I tried to push the baby out during labor. When I told my new dr this, she completely agreed. It turned out it was a good thing we didn't take our chances with a natural birth because my daughter implanted in the scar tissue from the resection and did rupture my uterus. When they pulled her placenta out the day she was born, they found the placenta had made its way through my lining and was poking out of my uterus. Had I tried to have her naturally, it could have been a really bad situation. That is also why we have to wait a year before we're allowed to try for more children, but we're so lucky we even get to try again. All of our future pregnancies are high risk now because the dr who performed the resection DID take out too much lining. We're not mad though, we knew it was a possibility.

    I would definitely let your current dr know you had the resection if they weren't the one who performed the surgery. You should be auntomatic c-section.

    Good luck at your appt today.

    ReplyDelete