03 September 2009

*does a smiley face dance*

Two days, two smiley faces. Bring it on, Lady Os! :)

It's CD28, and we've had two weeks of BDing in anticipation of the Grand O. We. Are. So. Ready. I had a tiny temp rise yesterday, but then it fell back to normal today. I *will* be patient. I will also thank the Transplant Gods who did not have last night's event go through; we needed to BD, and I would have been slightly miffed at not getting an accurate temp this morning. At this point, charting is ruling my sleep. Boo. Hiss.

We had an interesting situation arise (hehe) Wednesday night at BDing time. We have an issue that rears its ugly head now and again. It's nothing serious, but we both definitely disagree with each other on this topic. I think I was actually the one that brought it up (whoops), but it was certainly NOT a good time to have the albeit brief discussion on this issue. I got huffy. He got huffy. Then I internally got huffier b/c I thought O was coming and knew we'd be even huffier if we missed it b/c we got huffy in the first place. (Follow all that?) So, I told TH that we were going to regret missing this BDing if we didn't get our acts together. We huffed a little more. Then, he got out of bed to "get some water". When he came back, we had miraculously pulled it together for what ended up being a pretty good BD session (as opposed to Turkey Baster Sex, which needs no explanation. The THINGS we DO to have a BABY!)

Fast forward to yesterday, around noontime, when I got the magical Mr. Smiley Face, whom TH is a big fan of. I did the normal routine of texting TH to let him know of our newest development. And, he texted back with the sweetest words:

"AWESOME! Maybe last nite was a test and we passed"

(I should probably say that my text to him was "WE HAVE A SMILEY FACE!", which is what garnered the caps from him.)

Anyway, that text melted me. TH is not a man known for his ease with words. He's ESL (and reminds me of this when it suits him), and while he has a fantastic grasp of the language and a very minimal accent, he doesn't always have a way with words. He also doesn't quite have the same feelings on meant-to-bes and everything-happens-for-a-reason situations. And, to add to this love fest, sandwiched between bouts of huff, TH had been uncharacteristically romantic Tues evening when we were in the kitchen, hugging me and uttering a simple, "I'm so glad we're married", with this easy little grin on his face. Those words are what I tend to utter, but more along the lines of "I super love you." (Yes, I'm a cheesy bitch. What can I say? Does it help that it's said in jest?)

So, the summary of this nonsense is that we're rock solid. Yes, we huff. Yes, I get cranky about his empty pop cans on the desk. Yes, he deals with me when I have the patience of a small child. But we're in this, and as much as we wish "this" was not part of our story, we're here. And we're a-okay.

2 comments:

  1. Gooooooo Team Baby!

    I'm glad you guys were able to BD when it mattered, and I'm super happy for your smiley face! =D

    The stress of IF can bring out the worst in anyone. But it sounds like you and TH have a solid relationship and are able to support each other when it's needed most. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete