I was switched to Folli-stim (sp?) today, and the shot went off without a hitch. :) The bad news is that we couldn't swap the meds b/c they were used (possible backflow), so we had to use the insurance for the new meds. The pharmacist is freaking awesome, and it's ironic b/c the specialty pharmacy that stocks all the meds is right next to the apt we lived in when we first moved in together, which is right across the street from the apt TH lived in when we first started dating. (Awwww....)
You should see us prep each night for the shot. TH gets everything out and ready and pops a squat on the bathroom floor. Our bathroom is teeny tiny (but gorgeously designed!), so he takes up pretty much all of the floor space. He then assembles while I swab, and then he passes me the goods. It's only Day 2, and we've already got a system. And while it's early, I'm already not diggin' this shot business. Every time I feel a little bit of dread, I say a silent prayer that this will be the only month we have to endure these shots.
Little Ms. Jones just brought me her mouse for a rousing game of fetch, and I have milk in the microwave for fancy-schmancy hot chocolate to drink while we watch How I Met Your Mother. C'mon, good juju.
Night, loves.
21 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So glad to gear that your body is accepting the Follistim! (though I know it's a pain, literally, to have to give yourself the shots).
ReplyDeleteYou and TH sound like you have a great system worked out. Keep up the good work!
Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteI actually just completed my first Follistim IUI, and I found out today it worked!!! So I sincerely hope you only have 1 month of it too!
Hoping you only have one month of shots. Sounds painful - are they intermuscular? Those are brutal.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Happy ICLW. I hope everything works out well this cycle. Good luck with everything and I hope you get a BFP very soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have found your blog through ICLW. TH sounds like a sweetie.
ReplyDeleteI love _How I met your mother_ too!