11 October 2009

11 dpiui (I can't wait to go home)

It's over. I haven't started my period, but I inexplicably know that it's over. I had an unbearable meltdown this morning, to the point where we had to leave church and just go back to my mom's, alone, for some sobbing, holding, and calming. The whole point of this visit was to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. And while we did celebrate with them, we did not celebrate the way that was the intention of this trip (church with the WHOLE family, cake afterwards, and then lunch at a nearby restaurant).

I couldn't sit through church. I took a test this morning, and the numbness of the stark white line hit me in full force. I succeeded in getting ready, but it all started to collapse when we were sitting in church.

TH is not a fan of God, and as of late, he (God, not TH) and I are Fighting. I couldn't sit there, fresh on our most recent failure, and listen to words of how God loves all of us, he takes care of us in our darkest hours, cries with us, blesses us. There was a special focus on the verse "Jesus wept" and how he weeps with you. Well, Jesus, are you tired of crying yet? I certainly don't feel you at my side when I'm staining TH's shirt with tears and choking on my hair from crying so hard. When will you decide that we've cried enough tears together? Letting me hear today that children are a gift from God wasn't really all that helpful in the fight to stop the weeping.

I don't know how some of you are able to stay devout believers in all of this or how you can attend church each week. You must have a stronger faith than me, I suppose. I don't really know what else to say.

So, I had to leave church barely 5 minutes into the sermon. I left with tears running down my face, and I had to text my stepdad to tell him we had to go. I don't know what they told the rest of our family, but I do believe Grandma knows the reason we left. We told her everything last night, because she asked, and she knew it was near the end of this cycle and I was struggling. I'm just so very sorry I couldn't be stronger today and finish out the day. I tried, but the tears just wouldn't stop once they started flowing. It took hours, not minutes this time.

And, somewhere, in the cruelty of it all, I hold the fact that I'm not out until TOM starts in a deep recess of my heart. I think I hate that more than anything right now because the rest of me knows so very well that it's over. I've known since acupuncture, the bagpipes, and the choir on Thursday. I tried so very hard to believe otherwise, but I apparently gave in today.

Now, we just wait. Begin again, Finnigan.

6 comments:

  1. We will go through this together. I know what you are feeling. Let's meet up soon. What do you think?

    Big hug and lots of love.

    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry to read this. I have no words other than to say that I am thinking of you and sending you all the love I can, along with a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, honey, I am so sorry. I know your pain and it's a raw, brutal pain. It's the kind of pain that makes you want to rip out your heart to get it out of your body and make you stop hurting kind of pain.
    It's the kind of pain that allows you to seriously question your faith and wonder what kind of God would allow this kind of suffering. I know, because I am there too.

    Sending lots of love your way. I wish I could take away the hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I am so sorry that you got a BFN yesterday and that it hit so hard in church. I have definitely been there (tears + church), and it is no fun.

    I will say that my faith has actually increased during all of this (bizarre, I know), but I do not make it to church every Sunday. Have you ever read "Hannah's Hope"?? I definitely recommend it- it changed how I see this struggle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been fighting with Him all year. He must be pretty pissed with me by now, because I've been speaking of him pretty disrespectfully because of all the shit that has happened this year. I feel like a petulant teenager who knows better, but just doesn't care and keeps being bitchy to her parent just because. Hopefully He will forgive me, but probably not until I am actually sorry for my thoughts/words/actions, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My infertility (and most recently, my miscarriage) have destroyed my faith. I simply cannot fathom a God who allows His children to go through this pain, over and over again, for years on end. What makes the crackhead down the street worthy of her 12 "gifts from God" and me worthy of none?

    I'm so there. Angry, frustrated, broken.

    Hugs to you in this dark time.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete