We had the 2 hour IVF class today. It warmed my little science geek innards to watch the video of the embryology lab, but the med review did not leave me with the same fuzzies. Frankly, neither did that crazy email from the IVF coordinator which listed ALL of the meds she called in for pick up tomorrow.
Holy. Chit.
Hearing that I will have to give myself three shots a day for a little bit kind of freaked me out. Like here we are, I know we're here, lalalalalala....THREE shots a day?! Of course, I will do it, and of course, I will whine about it a little here. I just feel like sometimes you just need one little thing to alight all the fears within you that you're suppressing, and mine came out with three shots/night. Random, I know, but true.
And with that, I give it to you: I'm afraid. I want this to work, I believe it will work, but by God, I'm scared. It's scary! I'm afraid of all the things I have been afraid of before, but now they just seem a little heavier. The stakes are higher now, so it makes sense that the fears weigh a little more. So while I don't like to feel afraid, I'm just letting it stay with me for now. I don't have the energy to fight it, and frankly, I don't really feel the need to do so. This IS scary, so I AM scared. Makes sense to me.
21 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Giiiiiiirl, I'm with ya, 500%.
ReplyDeleteI would be scared CHITless of 3 shots/day too! (who knows! this may be me in a few weeks!) But I KNOW you can do this! You are a tough, tough cookie, and I'll be here rooting you on the entire time. Feel free to post whatever's on your mind.
When do the injections begin?
Once you start the shots they are easy. It seems daunting, but when you are in the thick of it, it's not hard to get through it.
ReplyDeleteI had a lot of anxiety when I started my IVF cycle. I kept telling DH "If/when this doesn't wor, what do we do from there?" and he put me back at ease by telling me it would work. It will work!!! Just remember to take it day by day and tae it easy, from the start of the injections until the day you are holding your little one.
Let me know if you need anything :)
It is scary. But you get used to it. Mostly.
ReplyDeleteWhine away, express your frustrations...that's what we're here for.
You'll get used to it quickly I assure you. I did SIX shots a day this cycle. YAY for almost getting started. I look forward to reading all sbout your cycle. Good luck. *baby dust*
ReplyDeleteI've been losing a lot of sleep over the possibility of shots in my near future so I know what you mean.
ReplyDeleteI think I would (will?) be scared, too. It's alot to comprehend and deal with, but as I have discovered, IF asks alot of me/us that we never thought we'd deal with, and I/we seem to continue to move forward somehow...
ReplyDeletePraying that you'll feel peace and that this IVF will be a success!
Wow- there is a video! I wish they had an IUI video... Before our first one, that would have been helpful.
ReplyDeleteAck-yo!!!! I empathize with you over the whole tiny big list of the medication that is ivolved in this IVF ring circus....
ReplyDeleteI just hope it all is as painless as it can get, and yes, I am very hopeful for you. I shall totally pray that this be it!!! Let's make this our year!!!