04 February 2010

Last Pill!

We're moving forward, my friends! Today's Landmark #2 on the IVF calendar...last day of the pill. C'monnnnnnnnnnnn, period! ;)

It's all about perspective.

I'm actually doing pretty well right now. Each day, I get to *do* something for this cycle, and it helps make the days go by faster. I'm only having mild side effects with the Lupron, so I am trying to live that up, too. One headache, body aches, bloating, a little soreness after the injections and fatigue, but I'm relieved it's nothing more than that. (Oh, Perspective, how you change things so!) I thought the bloating was a little odd because I didn't remember it from before, but I pretty much *look* at a bottle of hormones and bloat because my body is so sensitive to these meds. Thank God that I sucked it up and bought a Target bella band thing. Even though I feel like a fraud using it, it's prevented at least a few meltdowns in the past week.

Other than that, it's pretty unexciting over here. I've got a lot of work for my Genetics class (why did I think a class on inheritance was a good idea right now?! More on that in a later post...), so that is going to keep me good and busy for the coming days. I'm trying to get ahead with the reading and such, but last weekend's frantic Michigan trip threw me behind the bus. So, our exciting weekend plans involve a typical Sunday of studying and hopefully a warm, cozy, and lazy Saturday. We have a date scheduled for Saturday night since it's Restaurant Week, but I might see if we can move it to tomorrow or cancel it altogether. I'm not sure I'm going to want to hike it into the city on Sat night. I have a pile of New York magazines I want to catch up on, and TH and I want to watch some movies/shows. Am I really going to want to get dressed up and get on the subway on after being lazy all day? Such decisions! ;) We *should* clean and sort and put away everything in the newly renovated basement room this weekend, but I think we just need to take it easy. We'll save the action for our long weekend, which I am eagerly anticipating, LOL.

Things are calm. Calm is good. Let's keep it this way. ;)

5 comments:

  1. you are the first friend that has told me about the bloat and how the meds are not their friends. i agree. my body is like - WHAT? AGAIN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last day of BCP means one more day closer to our dream!!

    So happy to see you excited and hopeful again.
    Being busy is a godsend going through this as every minute seems to be lasting an hour.

    Thanks for holding my hope today.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all for you relaxing this weekend. Take it easy while you can before jumping into your next cycle. Recharge the battery now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, am I glad or am I glad that you are inching closer to fruition....

    ...Perspective and Prioritizing....I agree!

    Hope for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're nearly on the same cycle! I just had my baseline today and start my stims tomorrow. I've had the same side effects on the Lupron - soreness, headaches, boobs feel like they weigh 100 lbs each. ha! Fun times. We escalate to three shots a day starting on Saturday. But, once we hit Saturday we only have 8-12 days to go before ER. Fingers are crossed for both of us! Good luck! Glad to find your blog. :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete