19 July 2009

Nesting

Tons of EWCM and nothing but negative OPKs. I'm handling this much better than previous months, though. I'm listening to my body and ignoring the rest. I drank my barley tea, and I'm gonna have a nice big glass tomorrow, too. I think I might even have some raspberry green tea tomorrow during work. I'll round it out with some therapy in the evening, and we'll have a nice, rotund day.

Did I mention TH thinks this month is it? Perfect. We'll let him carry the Hope. Meanwhile, I called my mom to demand that she make me a bird's nest. (There's a Polish tradition that the Bride and Groom are given a bird's nest ornament that is the first ornament they put on their first Christmas tree. The superstition is that it will bring them many children.)

You see, my mom slacked, and we never got the ornament. Good thing both of the married Christmases we've shared have not included a Christmas tree, since we always travel to Michigan for the holiday. Today, the damn nest popped into my head, and I fixated on it. Clearly, we need one. Clearly.

Mom's now on it, after calling Grandma to ensure that it doesn't matter who provides the nest. She joked that she's putting TONS of eggs in it. Bring it.

In other news, I baked two banana breads, cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, pushed TH to get some chit done, and created a lovely rice (barley) vanilla pudding recipe, since I'm swimming in barley over here. Is it any wonder I fixated on a nest today?

There she is again; Suzy Homemaker Loves Her Digs. (but still needs to fill that 2nd bedroom)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog...very down to earth. Thanks for sharing your story!

    Can your mom make me a nest, too? =)

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete