So, I started the blog about two years ago when I was traveling for work in Israel. TH and I weren't yet married, and I had only been in NYC for a little over a year. I love this city, my husband, and my friends, but at the time, I was struggling with how different my life had become. I loved every bit of it, but it was Different. Even though TH is the foreigner, with our lifestyle, our neighborhood, our friends, and his family, we were living more of a European life than a midwest American life. It was everything I always wanted, but that didn't mean it was always apple pie, sunshine and roses.
When I decided to start up the blog again a few months ago, I thought the title still fit a little too well. I had recently left an online TTC group as I was dangerously close to being the only one not pregnant, which I knew I would NOT handle well. Between the endo and the uterine septum, I didn't really feel I was getting as much support as I needed from the group, especially as the BFPs kept popping up. In May, we conceived and the baby couldn't implant (probably b/c of the septum). Though I never saw the elusive double line and there's no way to know for sure that I conceived, TH and I both knew in our hearts that is what happened. I silently endured the miscarriage, afraid to call it that when I had never seen a positive test, and the great divide between myself and the group grew even wider. I drew inward, and May is a vague blur.
And thus, the blog was resurrected. I've shared it with a few close loved ones, but I mainly write to clear my head. TH may or may not know about it, though he knows all the feelings I put in down in print. I come here to find myself in all of this mess. Is it any coincidence that I'm feeling more like myself than I have in ages? I'm not sure. All I know is that in the end, I won't be the Last, but I will be Standing.
22 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm standing right along with you, sister. =)
ReplyDeleteThat's why I started my blog too... I needed to write out my crazies. LOL
ReplyDeleteEven here in blogland, I'm feeling like I'm a rare species- so many +s lately. But there are always more ladies out there struggling...
I too started to blog so instead of dumping all over DH all the time I could dump it online and what I got in return is so much more then I could have imagined. I love the last sentence of this post!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW. We're in the endo/mild septum group, so I hear you on a lot of your posts. Look forward to following your journey!
ReplyDeleteI'm an endo girl too. It really sucks. If you are looking for a new TTC message board, you are welcome over at Trouble trying to conceive (TTTC) on the bump.com. They are great group of ladies and I wouldn't know what to do without their support.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
ICLW
I can relate to your story. I was also one of only 3 girls left without a BFP in my online support community when I decided it was probably time to get the heck out of there. Since then, I was diagnosed with Stage IV endometriosis- something I never even had a clue that I had. It's interesting how some people (like you) are diagnosed as teenagers, and others only find out when they struggle with infertility. I am happily expecting my first child now (after a lot of heartache, a lap, injectables, and an IUI) so I am very hopeful that it can happen for you too.
ReplyDelete-ICLW
I second the bumps message board: It's awesome. I'm sorry that you guys have had so much heartbreak on this road...hopefully it won't be much longer and things will get better for the good :-)
ReplyDeleteICLW #117
I started my blog as a way to commemorate my lost babies... and came to love this community. So much support, love and humour!
ReplyDelete~ICLW
I see your latest post, but I just wanted to pop in and say I can relate to the feeling of being one of the last few without a BFP. I sincerely hope today's smiley face is a sticky, happy, healthy one.
ReplyDeleteICLW
I think a blog is really therapeutic, as well...even without the support and feedback. Those are like an added bonus!
ReplyDelete~ICLW
A blog is very cathartic. Plus you will meet lots of wonderful women going through the same thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. You are the only one who knows what is going on in your body. Believe in yourself.
ICLW