06 August 2009

No News and Court

I'm 13 DPO, got my 3rd negative, and there's not a drop of blood in sight. My usual LP is 11-12 days, but my temp didn't plummet like it usually does. I'm still well above the coverline. So, we wait. I don't really feel anything, which is odd. Usually I'm thrashing internally about how bad it sucks to have teasers like this. Today, not so much. It's a weird place to be, but it's where I am.

We're going to small claims court tonight b/c our contractors (fcukers) sued us. The whole thing was a disaster, and it marred our first months as home owners. I'm so ready for this to be over, but I'm also a little anxious to see these assholes again tonight. The last contact that we had with them were some extremely offensive and mildly threatening voicemails left for us, and whenever I think about their words, my stomach gets into a knot. We don't have a lawyer, so I am going to be the one talking on our behalf tonight. These men make me lose my mind, but I am going to have to keep it together. I know I can/will do it, but I also know that it's going to be very tempting to let a little of my frustrations come out. I work in research, where if it wasn't documented, it didn't happen, so we have documentation of EVERYthing. I think well on my feet, and I am much smarter than these jerks. I know it will be fine, but it's just weighing on my mind a little bit today.

Even if we lose, I'd rather have the judge determine that we were in the wrong and have to pay than settle with these d-bags with an arbitrator. Tonight should be interesting to say the least.

*breathes*

3 comments:

  1. Gah. I'm so sorry for the contractor drama! I know a few people who have had equally horrible experience with their contractors. What gives? --- I hope you annihilate them in court!

    I also wish you luck on the pregnant/not pregnant limbo. STill have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! lots of pressure for tonight. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope that you won!!! If they were bad, they do not deserve to stand a chance against you.

    I think you should wait for the beta.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete