01 March 2010

Checking In

Dad is good. I ended up going to Mich on Thursday (barely made it out b/c of weather) and came back yesterday. He was released from the hospital on Friday, and he's pretty much back to normal. He is in a lot of pain (my 4 yr old half-brother punched him in the stomach), but it's gotten better over the last few days. He has to keep a careful eye on things to make sure it doesn't get worse, and if it does, he goes back in, probably for surgery to repair the bowel. We had a long talk about Diabetes, how he's at risk for it and changes he needs to make. My family will be following up this talk with subsequent discussions. He needs to start taking care of himself.

As for us, the transfer last week went great. We had a 7 cell and a 9 cell transferred, both without fragmentation. It turned out we had 3 more growing in the lab, but we found out on Friday that none of them made it to freeze. :( We'll supposedly get a letter in the mail about that, so I'll be watching.

I've been feeling pretty craptastic the past few days. My boobs are huge, heavy, and achy with *tender* nips. I've had some pretty significant cramping every few days, though I've probably had some type of cramping each day. I'm bloated as big as a house and have never been more grateful for that Be Band. And, since Thursday, I get so very tired in the evenings. I end up feeling like a train hit me and that my whole body just aches. My progesterone was above 40 on Thursday, so that could obviously be causing a lot of this.

I'm undecided on whether or not I'm going to wait until beta. I did POAS to see if the trigger was gone yet, and as of yesterday, there's still a trace amount there. I won't trust an actual positive until I have TWO negatives (one wasn't good enough last time), so I will probably pee again tonight to see if it's gone yet. I want to say I'll make it to beta because I'm not sure how much a positive will put me at ease, but as my motto goes, I'll see when I/we get there. I have to stay as busy as possible this week. Work is going to be hectic, and I'm a little behind in a few things, so I will be working my butt off. But the busier I am, the less time I have to obsess. I can already tell how difficult this weekend will be.

I was the worst ICLWer ever this week, so my apologies to those of you who found me that way. And to all my girls, I'm sorry I'm behind on commenting. It's going to take me awhile to catch up, but I also might be hermitting a little this week to make me obsess less. Is that even possible? LOL

7 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear your dad is doing better, and so happy to hear about your two beautiful embryos! Sorry to learn about the others not making it to freeze, though. :(
    I hope that you can get some rest this week despite the busy-ness of work, and sending you lots and lots of positive sticky thoughts!!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy about Dad. Hopefully the experience (as horrible as it was), will wake him up a little to the reality of what can happen (even tough I realize that not everything may be related). I am sure having a daughter like you being there by his side and helping him to make the life changes will make all the difference.

    Lvoe you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your dad is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey K, I am so glad that your Dad is doing better...I am also happy to know that the embies are snuggling cozily inside you...

    You are having tons of signs...I hope they are what I think they are...Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your dad is feeling better and is on the mend. I hope he continues to progress. (Did anyone slap the back of your half-brother's head? Cause I want to.)

    Good news on the transfer! I hope the little babies are burrowing in for a nice, long stay. You are so very much in my prayers with this cycle.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy your dad is doing better! And good luck with the transfer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear your Dad is doing better. :)

    ReplyDelete