04 March 2010

It never goes as planned

Since I shot myself in the foot last cycle with the false positive (God, that seems so long ago), I've stayed silent this week. I've had faint positives on line tests since Sunday. They've varied in darkness, never giving me the subsequent darkening lines I've been wishing for. But alas, they've stayed consistently positive. I took a digital yesterday, and it read the magical Pregnant. However, this morning, the digital read Not Pregnant. Same brand of test from the same box of tests (CBE Digital). This didn't make sense because last night's FRER was actually decently dark; you didn't have to hunt to see it. I just took another CBE digital and got a Pregnant, but another FRER line test gave me a fainter than faint positive only visible when I took the test apart. (The good news is that this is the first test I've taken apart to see the line, LOL) Darker. I want to see the line getting DARKER.

We've been hesitant to believe because I read that Ovidrel can stay in your system for up to 14 days. Yes, it seems like everyone clears it by 10 days or at the longest, 12, but if there's a small chance something can happen with someone and medication, I tend to fall into that category. (Allergic to Gon.al-F, anyone?) And given last cycle and the fact that I haven't seen a negative, it hasn't been a joyful celebration over here.

A line is a line, so I take that to mean we've made it past the first hurdle. The next one to jump over is tomorrow's beta. I wish it were more clear, but I also think I could hold 20 perfect positives in my hand and still not believe it until we have a good beta.Please pray that ze baby(ies) are strong and healthy. With the inconsistent tests, I'm afraid of this being a chemical. I'm staying as strong as I can, keeping the urge to pee at bay, and singing to my wee little ones. Please sing to them, too. I know they're in there.

Don't give up on me, I'm about to come alive.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You have been going through a lot! My understanding is that FRER trumps any digital any day...and that the HCG in urine is so inconsistent based on water intake, etc., that it is bound to go up and down! I am crossing everything I have for you that this is it! Hang in there!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers that tomorrows beta comes back beautifully and unequivocally large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying! Gosh, I think you are amazing for staying strong through all the + and - tests... I think I would have lost my mind already!

    Praying for an awesome beta for you (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for the little one(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you many, many ((++++++))) beta vibes for tomorrow. I personally hate FRER's but I would totally trust that "Pregnant" CBE Digital!!
    I didn't trigger with Ovidrel for my IVF cycle, I did an IM shot of 10,000 iu HCG so I can't offer any advice.
    GL tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping for you!!! We'll all be praying for a fabulous beta!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck tomorrow! Praying for a great number!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap! Those evil pee sticks really know how to mess with a gal's head!

    I wish I had a crystal ball and could tell you what tomorrow holds......but for now I'm going to choose to believe that all signs point to "YES."

    GOOD LUCK tomorrow, my friend. I will certainly be thinking of you and wishing for a big, gigantic, irresputable BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of positive thoughts heading your way! I'm praying for all the best for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll say this even though I know you know it (but hopefully it will make you feel better tonight), that you may test better at different times. My lines at night were always darker than in the morning. In fact, it took a while for them to start getting dark when I did them in the mornings. I really hope this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete