30 March 2010

The Eve

Today's my last night of freedom. Tomorrow, the monitoring and the shots begin. I'm not really ready for this. Honestly, I don't want to do this anymore. But, we don't have a choice because we want a baby. So, here we go. I wish I could be going into this differently, and maybe over the next 5 weeks I will change my tune. Until then, here I am.

And I know I'm being ridiculous, but I just got upset over my mom posting to my old best friend about the birth of her new baby and how she's "sooooooooo excited for her". (Number of o's not confirmed.) It was just like a stab to the gut, complete with a brimming of tears at the eyes.

I'm jealous. I know. And it's not helped by the fact that I don't want to get on this train again. But it's here. And I'm a trouper. And I'm going to give this cycle all I've got, even if it's less than before. It will still be all I've got. My attitude doesn't have an impact on the outcome (as evidenced by all previous cycles), and maybe this cycle doesn't have to be a fight. I'm accepting and ready as I'll ever be. Going through the motions is still DOING the motions.

Maybe the FB post will get me to cry finally. The tears just need to come because I know they are there, waiting to come out. I'm scared. Very, very scared.

I don't want to do this, girls. But I will. And I can.

So, here we go.

11 comments:

  1. It's ok to be scared. It's ok to cry whenever you need to. And you are strong. You can do this. I'm rootin for you girlie :)

    It's gonna happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I really wish you a positive experience and a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *huge hugs* Sending positive vibes and praying for you that you get that BFP off of this cycle.

    I understand this jealousy...completely normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Ugh. Oh Kim. Dammit. This sucks so much for you and I hate it. Cry or do whatever it is to make you feel better. You CAN do this. You CAN. And we'll be here to cheer you on the whole way.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was scared, tired, and defeated yesterday, that is for sure. It's okay- we all know how you're feeling! Let the tears fall (hug)

    Will be praying for you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days it took all I had to channel The Little Engine That Could - I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

    You can too.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so hard to not get beat down and bogged down by so many failed cycles. I don't blame you for being tired of it. And I know what you mean about the urge to keep going despite the lack of excitement. It is hard because you don't want to look back 10 years from now and say you didn't do everything you could. You fear you will resent yourself if you don't give this another go. That is my fear right now too.

    I was reading through my doctor's notes from when I was doing IF treatments, and there is a page where she had a sticky note next to an u/s image of my follies. The note said in bit letters, "Patient wants to take a break!"

    Granted, I never went through anywhere near what you are going through with IVF, but I do still feel the pain and the desire to give up, yet keep pushing forward despite it.

    I pray that this cycle is the one. I pray that you WTF appt last time found the answers they need to make this one work.

    I will be here with you through this journey, as will all of your other bloggy friends. We're ready to back you up and carry you over that finish line if we have to.

    *BIG hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you're scared, and of course you need to cry - this is really hard stuff! And the jealousy just takes over your rational brain, doesn't it! This IF stuff is one of the hardest things that we'll ever have to go through, so give yourself a break, and just let yourself feel whatever you feel in this process. Hugs to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim. =( Today is your 2nd day of shots, and I hope you're hangin' in there. It's so so very exhausting and scary. I can't believe that I'm going to voluntarily put myself through this IVF shit show another time as well, but, like you said, it's what we have to do if we want to meet our babies! I believe in you, and KNOW you can do this! If you need to cry and scream while going through it, DO IT.

    I also feel ya on the FB stuff. My mom is constantly commenting on the pictures of my friends' and relatives' new babies, saying things like, "There's nothing better!" or "I'm so proud of you!" Makes my lip quiver and my heart fume every time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rooting for you! You're gonna do great, no matter the outcome, cause you have committed to giving it your all! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is okay to dread it.

    And I pray that this be the one!

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete