After my few hour freak out yesterday, I magically relaxed and calmed down via all those things on that list. I went for The Birthday Tea, which included Rooibos Kimberly (wheee!) tea, half a pumpkin scone, and half a ham and cheese scone. I was all excited about my tea and contemplating buying some to bring home (I have a small tea collection) until...I threw it all up.
I'm going to be honest here, and feel free to think I'm ridiculous. Right now, at this moment, throwing up is awesome. TH highfived me, and I do not deny texting him IMMEDIATELY. We're rejoicing at hormone induced vomit, cheering the little guy in there along. Make Mama feel as crappy as you need to, it's okay! Go right ahead! We love you!
I haven't really mentioned my symptoms, so here they are, in no particular order:
bad break out (last week...it seems to be fading)
nausea which is pretty much constant...I've learned not to let myself get hungry
food aversions/lack of appetite, which makes the above hard. Nothing sounds good!
headaches
period-like cramps
exhaustion in the evenings
a few random skin splotchiness/red marks that are completely random and then disappear
a little bit of dizziness on Thursday
lots of pooping, not helped by The Beta Nerves
random little zings in my growing boobs
some random waves of wanting to jump TH's bones...we made a baby, yet I think it's been a month since we had sexy time. Thanks, IVF!
I think that about sums it up. I called the clinic today to ask about "pelvic rest" and the progesterone. Really, I just wanted to know if we could have sex yet, but I threw in the progesterone question to round it out a bit. I swear, they must love me over there. They only have TH's number on file (since they can't be trusted to decipher who to call, we took my number off their records), so he had to have the conversation about sexy time. We're on hold til the first u/s apparently. We also requested the Pregnancy Recommendations sheet via email. Looks like I broke two cardinal rules already last week: queso blanco and hotdogs. Two foods that sounded okay...off limits. Awesome. Clearly this infertile doesn't know too much about actually being pregnant.
08 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Another high five for throwing up! I think it's funny that infertiles congratulate each other on feeling like crap! Way to go!! Keep it up, baby!
ReplyDeleteYay for nausea and vomit! (At least until it gets old and you are ready to be "normal" again.)
ReplyDeleteAssvice: low-sodium saltines are better than the regular ones; as for anything else, whatever tastes reasonable AND you can keep down is what you should eat.
Oooh...the third high-five for throwing up!
ReplyDeleteIt's the crap feeling that we wait for so much....
Good Luck!
Laughing at the thanks-IVF negotiation!
Whoa?
ReplyDeleteI've never been so happy for someone to hear that they are throwing up! :)
ReplyDelete~http://tryingagian.blogspot.com/
Yay for throwing up! Thanks for the tip on the pretzel baguettes from Whole foods, I'm definitely going to try them. I'm pretty sure my due date is Jan. 9, 2011, but last time they changed it by a day at the ultrasound, so who knows!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping you still feel like crap (lol)!!! XOXO
I indulged in a hot dog a time or two. I also ate lunch meat...GASP! I feel your pain lady. I was nauseous for over 8 months of my pregnancy. My lil' dude is totally worth every moment of sickness...but I hope you don't have to go through that many months of it!
ReplyDelete