Let's get on to the good stuff. What's going to round out your holiday weekend, the unofficial start to summer, and help you glide into a short (but still annoying) work week?
1. Cheeseburgers fresh from the grill. Is there any better bbq food? I'm not so sure. I had to pass on my favorite Romanian sausages (unheard of), but the burgers TH cooked up were fantastic. I'm pretty glad we're headed to another bbq today, hamburger meat in tow. (((beef)))
2. 8 weeks and an u/s tomorrow. I think we might actually be released to an OB tomorrow. Kind of shocking, really effing awesome.
3. MIL and FIL. Even if TH and I are having a mild battle about him going over there frequently, they are simply great. We came home from Mexico to a clean kitchen (she wiped down the inside of the dish washer!) and a closet full of washed and ironed TH dress shirts. She feeds the kittehs while we're gone, and she sometimes can't help herself. I learned early, with some help from my mom, that if she wants to do stuff in our house, LET HER. And thus, I rejoiced at the ironed shirts!
4. Mamina (Romanian grandmas). TH told them this week, and their response was the sweetest yet. MIL showed up to the bbq yesterday armed with 3 rounds of kisses from Romania. ♥
5. The promise of a girls' weekend. The SMT and I seem to be going rogue this coming weekend. I hope everything works out b/c I can't wait!
6. Gorgeous weather. I don't dig being hot right now, but I prefer this to rain any day (unless it's a thunderstorm and I'm inside!) Sunshine just fits my mood these days.
7. These shoes in cream. I think they are going to be great with pants for work this summer. We had an impromptu outlet trip (any ideas on stores to get TH some new dress pants? Banana and Brooks Brothers were a definite bust.), and these shoes will look super cute with a few summer cardigans I bought.8. Does that picture need any explanation? *le sigh* Maybe more to come, if you're good. ;)


Of course, of course, of course! The shoes I have been wearing to work every day for the last month (bc they are "compliant") are these -
ReplyDeletehttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qKYa5LXPL._AA280_.jpg
But in hot pink. Because? Why wear black when you can wear hot pink?
((Pumas))
((non-sneakery Pumas that double as work shoes))
hot shoes!!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish my MIL would come clean my house it's a STY!
ReplyDeleteGood luck at your ultrasound tomorrow :)
Purrr....I will be a good cat if you share more pics...
ReplyDeleteI love the shoes...very stylish, and very comfy!
Family members that genuinely care about you...what a huge plus!!!
I feel you on the oversharing of info by others. So frustrating!
ReplyDeleteAs for dress pants for TH - my husband had pretty good luck at Eddie Bower for chino's (wrinkle-resistant, pleated front, cotton), but that's as dressy as he used to have to be (now he wears jeans) but I don't know if you would consider those "dress pants" or not.
Fingers crossed for today's u/s!
Great shoes!!! And Loved the picture of Mexico - so incredibly jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd be miffed if someone leaked my secret too. At least you can let them know you are pregnant and they can stuff it.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a relationship with my MIL to where she would clean the inside of my dishwasher. We want talk about what I would rather do with her. lol
Here's to a short work-week!