16 November 2009

Failed drumroll

No trigger today, friends!

There's some debate between TH and I about the size of the follicles, but there are definitely two that are being watched. I thought they were 15 and 16, he thinks they are both 15. He thinks there is a 3rd that is 13-14, and I thought the third was a second 15. Clearly we fail at this game.

I had a momentary panic when she told me we wouldn't trigger tonight, but I pulled myself together when we got to the multiple follicles bit. I don't know why, but I feel SO much better knowing we've got a couple in there. Two is definitely better than one, in my opinion! (TH agrees.)

So, trigger Wed morning, IUI Thursday morning. I don't have to go back in for an u/s again, either! Woot! (We have decided that the clinic deems you sucky if you are just having an u/s with no bloodwork, as EVERYbody goes in before you it seems.) I also think I've decided to take Wed off from work. I don't want to deal with having to trigger at work with a monitor here for my trial and then having to rush off to class. I run out the door early on Monday and Wednesdays for class, and I'm inevitably late. The stress cup overfloweth. Bad, bad, bad for a trigger day. Let's just make this easy-peasy.

And, in a nice little sign from above (please), when we came out of the subway to go to the clinic, I saw a truck with our baby name on it. It is not a common name at all, and I've certainly never seen it on a truck before. Also, it was our boy name, and for the past few months, I've been certain that we're having a boy first. I used to want a girl first, but I stopped that nonsense ages ago. I don't care what we have as long as we *have*, but I just really feel like a boy will come to us first.

So, on that note, I have decided that I'm going to talk to our baby. I've tried talking to God. Hell, I've tried begging, praying, and pleading to God to no avail. I've talked to my gramma. SMT's called in a favor. Screw this. I'm going straight to the source.

*Tag* Baby El. You're not even conceived, and already your mama is yappin' in your ear.

PS You can bring a friend, if that sounds like more fun.

5 comments:

  1. I talked to my babies from the start of my IVF cycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk to my ovaries - give them pep talks, scold them, whatever they seem to need at the moment. I'm not sure if it helps, but at least it makes me feel like I'm trying something other than just pumping them up with medication.

    Definitely take Weds. off. If nothing else it will remove one less thing that may or may not affect the cycle. I don't care if they've proven that you don't need to take the rest of the day easy when you have an IUI, I'd rather take it easy and feel like I've increased my chances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shit is never convenient is it? Ugh, so so so so sorry! And I think you hit the nail on the head ... I feel like I'm getting *much* more attention during this IVF cycle than I ever did during my IUI's. It's kinda sucky and such a shame. I wish they could treat everyone equal.

    Good for you for taking the day off - it's definitely for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Love that you're going straight to the source.

    I'm so glad for two follicles, and even though I know next to nothing about IUI stuff, I'm really hoping a couple more days before trigger means they have that time to grow even a little more?

    Baby El, your mom promises that you can have lots of sleepovers in the future if you'll just bring a friend over for the next 9 mos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your trigger went smoothly this morning! I'll be praying for you tomorrow morning, too :) I'd love for my (hypothetical) baby to bring a friend along in 9 months... ;-)

    ReplyDelete