10 November 2009

Happy Birthday to Us!


Two years ago today, TH and I ran around the city like fools in love, waiting to say our I Do's.

Two years ago today, we lit candles for our newly formed family and celebrated with our nearest and dearest. We laughed, we danced, we loved.

Two years doesn't seem like enough time when I think about all that we've been through; it doesn't seem like nearly enough time to learn to love someone more fiercely than I've ever imagined possible.

We start our third year today, and early this morning, we counted all the ways the third year should bring luck, and thus, our long-awaited baby. Multiples of three, ages, third time's a charm, we're looking for our third wheel.

I love you, TH. I love your heavy jeans, your garlic breath, your loud chewing, your fantastic hugs, the sound of your laugh, how loud you yell into the phone when talking to your dad, your socks on the side of the bed, your rough lips, how you can't stop thinking about a problem until you solve it, your Scientific American magazines, your expensive taste in rugs, and how you think vodka fixes any illness. I wouldn't have made it through this year without you, and I love you for your strength.

Here's to a happy and healthy third year that makes all of our dreams come true.

Pupici, Lovey.

9 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, I love this! Happy anniversary!

    The love between you and TH is SO apparent. I'm so glad that you both found your prefect life partners.

    A clean slate, this year is! Bring on the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! Happy Anny to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary lovey and may we have a lot more to celebrate at our next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute to your marriage and husband. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw - happy anniversary and I hope your wish comes true!

    -Carrie (over from lfca)
    http://welayinrepose.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bride and a beautiful cake! Happy Anniversary! Hope year #3 is the best yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary - that cake is just BEAUTIFUL! and I totally love your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful post!!! Happy Belated Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish you a very happy anniversary! Pardon me for being late, but my good wishes are earnest!

    ReplyDelete