13 November 2009

Inspired Ten Things :)

This post by Eileen inspired me this morning. I've got a lot to say, but I don't really want to say it or quite know how to get it out of my head in a way that doesn't make me sound like an IF monster. So, on that note, I'm doing 10 Things About Me You Wouldn't Know By Reading My Blog. :)

1. I am afraid of butterflies.

2. When I was ten, I broke my arm twice in 6 months. I have a lovely 6 inch scar on my forearm from the surgery. I had staples, so it looks like railroad tracks.

3. I love chai tea. But I really only love chai tea lattes from Sbux with no water, skim, and sugar free vanilla. Anything else is too weak. I've kind of taken a break from them, though. At my last job, we used to go to Sbux during stressed out periods (um, that company was going under, so it was a permanent stressed out situation), so I've kind of linked chai to a stress relief situation. But, alas, I had way too many in a years time, so I take it easy on them now.

4. My mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was 8 years old and she married my step-dad. I'm more like my grandparents' fourth daughter than their oldest grandchild.

5. I don't have any full siblings, but the half-siblings I have on my mom's side are my brothers and sister. They are 15, 13, and almost 12. I miss them like crazy, and I love how our relationships are changing now that they are older and have gchat. :)

6. I love to write letters. I have an insane amount of stationery, but I use it weekly when I write to "my lady" or my Great Grandma. I've been writing letters to my Great Grandma since college. It used to be weekly, but I've slacked a bit since I started angeling. Great Grandma is not doing so well, though, so I keep trying to write more often. It's hard, though, because as she is nearing the end, I have a lot to say yet nothing to say at all. Please don't go is not the right thing to say, but it's what I want to say more than anything.

7. I'm obsessed with OPI nail polish. I love it, and it makes me happy. I have more bottles than I would like to admit. (I always have loved painting my nails. I used to change the color every few days in middle school.)

8. I have an uncanny ability for remembering people's birthdays. I remember them even for people who have long ago left my life.

9. I have two middle names. When we got married, I freaked about changing my name, so the resolution was to keep it as a second middle name. I never really get to use my two initials, but I've recently started signing my initials on things rather than my full name.

10. I love DNA. If I were to get another tattoo (which I won't), it would be a double helix on my ass. :) I love that it's concrete and that it's the source of everything. I love how compact it is but how you can isolate it and see it hanging before your eyes. I love it's intricate systems and processes and how it provides the basis for our bodies. It's one of those few things in life that gives me awe.

What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Why no more tats? I was thinking of one I want.

    I like the DNA one. xo

    ReplyDelete