Did I mention I'm not happy we have to go in during monitoring hours? I don't like this plan, RE. First u/s need calm, quiet, serenity, not an anxious waiting room filled with people. Bad idea, my reproductive endocrinologist friends.
Back to the freakout. I run upstairs and get a friendly phlebotomist to draw it. We agree I should send it stat....and that I should NOT wait for pick up and should run it down to the proper floor myself. What do you take me for, an amateur? :P
Stat = result in a hour.
Ho hum. Kill some time. Process a few of my own patient's blood samples. An hour. An hour and fifteen. An hour and a half. WHERE'S MY GD STAT BETA??
So, I call the lab. Hell, we are self pay with this one, I get to be pushy! My coworker is aware of my insanity, and tells me to use her name in the event they ask me who I am when calling for the result. We have a plan....
Only the gd machine has broken down. Tech support is looking at it. They can't pull my result...it's not coming up. They'll move "the patient" to the front of the line when it's up and running.
Race to finish my bloods. Arrive at therapy late (thank you, President-induced traffic). Frantically try to pull up results one Blackberry. FAIL. Resign myself to God fcuking with me yet again, and accept I will get this result when TH and I get home.
Is the result posted when I get home and check? Nope. Good thing I remembered that extension I dialed earlier...time to call the lab! :)
The beta was worth the rate. 158...320...640...1280 is where we need to be.
((((Baby)))) Sorry for the panic, my little friend. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. XO


Wouldn't it be super to be oblivious to all that could be/go wrong? Wishing you peace tonight and tomorrow and in the many, many coming weeks.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad you confessed! That's awesome!
ReplyDelete((quadrupling))
ReplyDeleteSuper-Awesome...and I hope you haz no more stressed out runs next time, Missy!
ReplyDeleteAnd hey baby, do a little dance in the u/s, would ya?
Good Luck, K!!!
SO awesome!
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!!! You are having a baby! I am so excited for you. I've been thinking about you the last couple of days and sending you some seriously good vibes. :D
ReplyDelete