This weekend is full of cleaning and homework. We have friends from Germany coming in on Wednesday for 10 days, we're hosting Thanksgiving, and then the SMT is coming for the weekend. (TH is going to be in a house full of estrogen, hehe!) The next week is going to be *busy*, and I'm thankful for it. Let's get these days moving!
I will confess, I'm nervous about having houseguests during the time in which we'll find out if the cycle works or not. We'll save that for later, though. Whenever I start to think about it, I just tell myself that it will hopefully just be more people to celebrate with. ♥
Lastly, let's talk music. I've been feeling like my life is lacking music lately, so I've been trying to put some on more often. We're not TV-as-background-noise people, so our apartment is usually quiet. For this morning's Saturday bagel and egg breakfast, I tried to put music on (FAIL) but we just had to wait until TH and I could stop bickering to put it on. :) (It's hooked up through the computer to the TV's computer to the speakers, blah, blah, blah. And, oddly, TH seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm happy to report all is well again.) :)
Anyway, do you have some favorite songs/lyrics that get you through the IF dumps? I heard an old song in a new way yesterday, so I'm inspired. Here's my list:
True Fine Love by Steve Miller Band
- So come on, pretty baby, we're gonna raise a family
- We'll have a boy for you and a girl for me
One Day You Will by Lady Antebellum
- Every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will
You wake up every morning and ask yourself
What am I doing here anyway
With the weight of all those disappointments
Whispering in your ear
You're just barely hanging by a thread
- I will stand back up,
You'll know just the moment when I've have enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid, and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,
I've been beaten up and bruised,
I've been kicked right off my shoes,
Been down on my knees more times than you'd believe,
When the darkness tries to get me,
There's a light that just wont let me,
It might take my pride, and my tears may fill my eyes,
But I'll stand back up.
- And I wouldn't change a thing
I'd walk right back through the rain
Back to every broken heart
On the day that it was breakin'
And I'd relive all the years
And be thankful for the tears
I've cried with every stumbled step
That led to you and got me here, right here
It's amazing what I let my heart go through
To get me where it got me
In this moment here with you
And it passed me by
God knows how many times
I was so caught up in holding
What I never thought I'd find
I know now, there's a million roads
I had to take
To get me in your arms that way


Oh wow! I am so with you! Music gets me through things like nothing else can. I posted one song recently that I love.
ReplyDeleteSyndicate by The Fray
Don't ever forget, we haven't lost it all yet
All we know for sure is all that we are fighting for
Baby, don't forget we haven't lost it all yet
Someday when this is over
We may still have no answer
For now it's when I hold her
We are closer, we are closer
Good luck! Hope these coming days bring you a blessing! Something great to be thankful for, huh!
Hey there, just stopping by for ICLW! I LOVE your idea of collecting songs for bad IF days...I especially love that Rascal Flatts song, I just got teary re-reading the lyrics!
ReplyDeleteHoping that you get the good news you're hoping for with this IUI!
Jeannine
I think it will be good for you to have houseguests while you are waiting for your answer. It will keep you occupied. And, I agree, they can can celebrate with you!
ReplyDeleteI like the song "While I'm Waiting." It is a Christian song about waiting, which is all I seem to be doing lately. Waiting to feel better, waiting to ovulate, waiting to test...It just plain sucks! On a completely opposite note, I have been listening to a lot of Metallica lately, because it helps me to forget about IF!
I love that Steve Miller song.
I wish you the best this month.
I agree with PP, having houseguests will at the very least keep you busy. Best of luck with the IUI.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I hear the new Black Eyed Peas song 'Meet Me Halfway' and Fergie sings these lyrics I think of my baby.
I can't go any further than this
I want you so badly, it's my only wish
When I want to think about things other than IF, I listen to a lot of Lady Gaga. I can't be sad when I listen to Gaga.
Would you think badly of me if I told you I had a whole playlist on my Ipod dedicated to sad-IF related music? It's sick, I know.
ReplyDeleteHere is one of my favorites:
Falling Slowly by:Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (from the movie Once)
Fingers crossed that you get to celebrate success surrounded by family and friends next week...
ReplyDeleteHere via ICLW.
So Hard by Dixie Chicks
ReplyDeleteIt felt like a given
Something a woman's born to do
A natural ambition
To see a reflection of me and you
And I'd feel so guilty
If that was a gift I couldn't give
And could you be happy
If life wasn't how we pictured it
And sometimes I just want to wait it out
To prove everybody wrong
And I need your help to move on
Cause you know it's so hard
I hope this IUI is it for you. It would be wonderful to celebrate with all of your guests. The company will be a great distraction during the 2ww. We're getting ready for our first IUI in December.
ReplyDeletehmmm...Music for IF, yesterday I heard Bob Marley's Three Little Birds playing:
Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"
It made me smile and reminded me that I have to look beyond this cycle and how hard this year has been and know that everything is going to work out.
ICLW
You know, I've never thought of connecting music with IF. I'll have to think about that. It seems rather obvious, though, bc everyone has songs that remind them of different points in their life, so why not IF, too? Good thought. I'll have to get back to you on that. {Love Rascal Flatts}
ReplyDeleteICLW