12 April 2010

I thought it went without saying

but I guess it does not. I don't *actually* believe that's why god made Mexico. Really.

It's a play on a Tim McGraw song of the same title. The theme of the song is that at rough points, people have disappeared to Mexico to get away because it's beautiful. But, if you were offended originally by my statement, I suspect you will be equally as offended by the song. My apologies, as that was not my intent. I actually don't even like the song all that much, but I keep thinking about it when we dream about how wonderful this trip will be. I can't wait to go with TH to Tulum, as that is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, in pictures or real life. I can't wait to share that moment of discovering it on the other side of the ruins. I had a million different feelings the first time I toured the ruins, but I also don't feel the need to explain myself any further.

I use songs a lot in the blog. The offending comment was written in a recurring post that is the taken from a country song. I also don't really believe in god at the moment, so the irony there is a little thick. And to think that I actually think that the entire purpose of a country is for relaxation...I don't really have words for that.

I'm sorry any of you misunderstood my meaning. Yes, you only have what I post, but it's also my blog, where I don't need to explain myself 100% of the time for all of my readers. My intention was not to offend, so my apologies.

7 comments:

  1. IMHO, no apologies necessary...

    I think you're going to have a fabulous time in Mexico - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the beach in Tulum...so beautiful! We went to Mexico a few years ago and split the trip between Playa del Carmen and Tulum (with 4 nights at each). It was fantastic and so relaxing. I agree - it will be something to look forward to no matter what happens this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be kidding me regarding that comment. I'm a Latina (though not Mexican) and I cannot imagine being offended by that comment.

    Clearly, that person doesn't read you often enough OR have any sense of what you have gone through. And then to not post under their name additionally? Oh please.

    I see why you would not allow anonymous comments, K. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. It seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me.

    (Besides I thought God made Mexico to supply cheap landscaping workers. Kidding. Kidding, so kidding.)

    I've never been brave enough to go to Mexico, even before the recent drug unrest, so I hope you are very safe and have a wonderful time whatever the IF results bring you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at that comment! I accidentally offended someone last week too, so you are in good company.

    Hope you have a fantastic vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I can't open a jar I will ask my husband to do it. And then I will say to him, "And that's why God made husbands." I'm sorry to have offended all of the husbands out there for so long.

    Seriously, Anonymous needs to chill.

    ReplyDelete