20 April 2010

Oh, God *updated*

Hold me.

They didn't do ICSI. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY DO ICSI?

We only have 7 fertilized embryos.

I'm sobbing so hard I'm shaking. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'm waiting for the RE to call. TH demanded a call, and I sent an email demanding a call.

_________
He called almost immediately. He has no explanation for why this mistake occurred. Okay...how 'bout you fucking find one, fast? It was part of the plan, and they didn't do it. He apologized but not nearly enough. ICSI was supposed to be our fix.

The seven we have right now supposedly look great, but I honestly don't trust them at all right now. Would he really call and say they don't look good after dropping the lack of ICSI bomb? TH is convinced these 7 are good like the RE says (what other choice do we have than to believe?), but I'm so shaken I can't believe it.

I have to go back in for the transfer, but I don't want to be anywhere near this clinic right now. I'm raging like I have never raged before.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't. Not for someone else to just fuck it all up in an instant.

*************************

Given that I'm up for transfer in a few days, I had to turn the comments off on this post. I appreciate EVERY one of your thoughts, hopes, prayers, expressions of solidarity. Please know that. The fact of the matter is, I'm going in two days to get our babies, and I can't go in angry. I just can't. So I ask that if you're going to leave a comment, please leave out your anger for me. By all means, feel it; I certainly do. But I'm setting it aside for any hope I can find for our babies. I ask that you do the same. Give whatever you have to #s 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7.

And to whomever submitted me to LFCA, I thank you dearly.

16 comments:

  1. ***massive hugs***

    Crossing crossables that it works out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens. I'd be shaking and sobbing, too. (HUG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOD.

    I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now. That's not an oops, that's not a fuck up that's a ... I just don't even have the right words to express how poor my opinion of your clinic is at this moment. It's not like me to say this, but seems like some legal action is in order here.

    Many, many hopes and wishes headed your direction that your (lucky number) 7 prosper and grow and stick and so on and so forth. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. What assholes. That cycle should be free out of plain fear of you suing them. Here's to those seven babies holding strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How the hell could this happen? HOW THE HELL? What the hell? I'm dumbfounded for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good god. What the FUCK is wrong with them?! This is absolutely, positively the LAST thing that you need right now. I am so, so angry for you.
    ok.
    *Breathe*
    7 is great. We only need one, right?

    I am in agreement with Mrs. Higrens on the legal actions. What a bunch of shit.

    XOXOXO sending you ALL my love and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTF??? I don't understand - I really don't. I can't believe this happened. I'll be praying for your seven embryos - I'm really hoping they will all make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HO. LEE. SHIT. !!!

    WTFx10^6????!!!!

    One of the first thoughts that popped into my head was "LAWSUIT!"
    This is absolutely inexcusable. I don't even know what else to say.

    I will keep on hoping for your miraculous 7, and say a little prayer for the eggs that never got a chance. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really cannot believe that!!! You have way too much invested for them to make a mistake. I am at a loss for words!!!

    I hope that everything works out, despite their major mistake. I'm really sorry, but I will have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am speechless.

    shit.

    what can we do? i am praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. shit, shit, shit! Why? how? How fucking incompotent... this isn't like they forgot to run a lab on a blood sample, and they can just prick you again next time you come in... holy fucking shit. Well, I'll be praying for these little seven, however, the only thing I can think of besides wishing one of these 7 is it, is medical malpractice....

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is "What the Fuck???!!" What a horrible thing to have had happen! I would be raging beyond belief,too.

    I'm praying that those seven are perfect, and thinking that I agree about the medical malpractice.... Idiots! I just can't imagine how they could fuck this up!!! It's their job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is horrible? Are you paying for it out of pocket? I would definitely ask for some financial payment for this mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just catching up on my blog reading and saw this post. I couldn't believe my eyes!

    While I'm praying you get a BFP and their F-up doesn't matter, I still think you get a free cycle out of this. I serious discussion of "how are you going to make this up to us?" is in order.

    Un-fracking-believable.

    All the same, I do commend you on focusing on not being mad, focusing on the well-being of those blasts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even put into words how angry I am for you. They owe you big time. (((hugs))) Praying for the ones that fertilized.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here from LFCA, I am in shock!! I am so sorry that this massive mistake happened. I am pulling for the 7 that made it, but totally understand your anger. I hope they give you a refund (or something), this is unacceptable.
    Thinking of you.....

    ReplyDelete