12 April 2010

What I really meant to say

is that I had monitoring this morning. Guess which girl has *no idea* how many follicles she has! No clue! I don't want to know because it will be just one more thing to worry about. And, this is supposed to be a worry-free cycle, as much as possible. (Because believe me, once we hit Fert Report Day, I will more than likely be spastic.)

*doc walks in*

K: Please don't tell me anything about my follicles! (said with a smile)
RE: Nothing?
K: Nope. We're trying a new tactic.
RE: (laughing) Ok. We'll talk about the weather then. I hear the pollen count is very high.
K: (laughing) Maybe! Not so sure. Oh, but wait! You *can* tell me that my lining is looking fantastic. I won't mind hearing that.
RE: Oh, alright. Nothing about ovaries here. I'm just checking out your beautiful lining, which is, in fact, pretty great.
K: (smiling) Excellent!
RE: Okay. All done here. No peeking [at the u/s screen]!

I did cave and ask TH a few times how things looked. His response? "The weather? The weather is GREAT outside!" LOL

And thus, the ovarian secret is safe with TH. He got the call from the nurse (or I'm at least hoping he did because Gcal has not been updated), and I'm not even sure I'm going to ask him about the doses tonight or tomorrow morning. And while I've kind of been ignoring this cycle, I've taken a few minutes to tell my little O's in there to keep up the good work. Whatever they are doing in there is wonderful, I'm sure. ;)

I do think that on Friday, I will get the scoop so I can start to mentally prepare for retrieval. Until then, silence is golden (unless you are ovaries!)

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing plan - I personally don't think I would be able to do it because I'm such a crazy control freak, but I'm amazed that you can do it!

    I hope this method is just what you need to calm your mind in this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your RE is willing to go with you on this. Go ovaries go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this approach. How can you stress about what you don't know about? Good call! I hope the plan works out. I mean, isn't all anyone needs to do to get pregnant is relax? I know, insert fist to the eye. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I love the suspense game on between you, TH and the RE. Humour in IVF....now that's a story.

    Hoping for a superb retrieval, and a great fert report.

    Also I hope the Mexico trip is for *celebration*. I can't believe the butt comment you received. Nothing in your post made me feel that you were trying to downplay/demean Mexico.

    Hoping it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* Like your way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete